Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Our history

Now that we are finally official, I thought it might be a good time to review our history.  USk Tacoma has been meeting for a year and a half.  Our first sketch outing was June 2013. 

It all began with Frances Buckmaster.  It was her idea.  She'd already gotten Rom involved when I met her.

I met Frances at the sketch outing in Seattle associated with the attendees of the Line to Color workshop led by Gail Wong and Frank Ching.  That was May 19th, 2013. She talked with me about her plan to form a Tacoma chapter of Urban Sketchers. Frances is in the tan jacket on the far left.
Link to all the photos.




On June 7th, 2013 Frances, Rom and I met in Tacoma to scout sketch locations and talk about the group. 

Then the three of us met at Frances' home on June 12th for further planning. 

The first Tacoma Urban Sketchers outing was June 27, 2013 at the Thursday Tacoma Farmers' Market on Broadway downtown.  This is Frances' photo of the group.  I wasn't there!




The second Tacoma Urban Sketchers outing was July 14th, 2013 around Union Station.


 More photos in this set.



1 comment:

  1. Belated congrats to USk Tacoma on becoming "official"! I put your blog in my blogreader so I can keep up with your sketches and doings. And someday I'll join you again!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.