Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Leroy

The paper I'd ordered came in at the UW bookstore in Tacoma.  I drove down to pick it up. I now have 20 sheets of 22x30 Strathmore Series 500 Mixed Media paper with which to make some sketchbooks.

Since it was such a beautiful morning, I brought my sketch kit.  I sat in the sun on the patio across from the Washington History Museum to again sketch the classic view.



I used my reciprocal benefit from MOHAI to visit the Tacoma Museum of Art.  I saw the George O'Keefe exhibit.  No photos and I didn't do any sketches.  Photos not allowed but pencil sketching was.

I did sketch Leroy, the Big Pup by Scott Fife of Seattle. It's made of  cardboard, carpenter's glue, and drywall screws. The 10-foot-tall Pup has become an icon of Tacoma Art Museum. He even has a LinkedIn page.   "Languages:  Dog"  Ha!



And he's been made into a plush dog, available in the Museum shop.

1 comment:

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.