Saturday, September 5, 2015

Brown's Point Lighthouse

The Tacoma Urban Sketchers were fortunate to have fine fall weather today for sketching at Brown's Point Lighthouse.  It was bright, cool and breezy, feeling much like autumn.  It was very nice after the too hot summer.

The lighthouse is not quite as quaint as some.  So I chose as my first subject a man fishing.  I later spoke with him.  Noli finds this spot very relaxing.  He did catch 2 salmon but they got away.



While waiting for the watercolor to dry on my first sketch, I sketched another fisherman in my new, small sketchbook (more on that book in a future post).



I was sitting on the drift wood logs on the beach.  I composed my view of the lighthouse with the logs in the foreground.



We had a group of 19 sketchers today.  There were lots of good sketches to admire.  It is so interesting to see the variety of viewpoints on the same location!






After the sketch outing, I skipped the group lunch at the Indian restaurant... too spicy for my bland palette.  I had already planned to drive up to the NW Glass Pumpkin Patch at Furney Nursery.   There are  hundreds of hand blown glass pumpkins.


There are some more photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.