Sunday, September 18, 2016

In Galvin.

Three of us from Urban Sketchers Tacoma carpooled down to Galvin, WA to meet with other sketchers in Centralia.   I was quite early arriving at our meeting place in Puyallup, so I stopped to sketch this store.  I've been meaning to sketch it for a long time. Today there was both time and space to park across the street!

Another sketcher joined us there.  I've never heard of Galvin before but it's just a few miles outside of Centralia.



We met at "Busek's Auto Museum".  Actually, I think I would characterize it as a "collection" rather than a museum.  It's quite untidy but filled with lots of interesting vehicles and related items.  The amount of stuff to sketch might even challenge Steve Reddy, who I thought of as I looked through the 3 buildings full of artifacts. 



When the vegetation takes over a body of water, it's called eutrophication.  What is it called when vegetation takes over an old truck?








More photos here:  https://redharp.smugmug.com/SketchOutings/Buseks-Auto-Museum/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.