Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Unexpected Sun in the Garden

Our Wednesday outing was to the Windmill Gardens in Sumner, WA.  I've been there twice before to sketch but there are always interesting subjects.  I'd thought of some options for sketching out of the rain.  But we had warm sun instead!

I was amused by "Don Dirt," the leafy sculpture that greets arriving customers, so I made him the subject of my first sketch.   He's very cool with his shades.  







There were several patio-like tableau around the garden center.  I picked this one for its pumpkin-colored chair.

.  


We gathered in the gazebo to share sketches.





More photos:  https://redharp.smugmug.com/SketchOutings/2016-1019-Windmill-Gardens/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.