Thursday, December 29, 2016

View from the chocolate factory


I enjoy using a window to frame the subject I'm sketching. This was done at a Seattle Urban Sketcher's gathering of the interior at Fran's Chocolates in Georgetown. Rare for me, this was strictly pencil and watercolor in a Strathmore watercolor sketchbook. 

I'm finding that pen and ink in this book takes a long time to dry, often resulting in some massive smudges and unhappy accidents. Roy Deleon suggested it might have something to do with the sizing used on the paper and I'm sure a lot to do with my lack of patience (and being left handed). With half a book left, I'll designate this a graphite and watercolor only book and move on to the watercolor Moleskines that Santa was kind enough to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.