Saturday, February 4, 2017

Inside the Pantages

The organizer(s) for the first Saturday outings for Urban Sketchers Tacoma did a lot of work to arrange for us to have exclusive entry to the Pantages Theater for today's sketch outing. 

The interior was wonderful, if a bit dark.  I was wishing I'd brought my book light.  So I positioned myself under a chandelier in the theater in order to do my first sketch.  The overhanging balcony was a popular subject today as I was just one of many sketchers who drew it. In this balcony were 4 sketchers.



There was a bit of time left so I next sketched this small ornamental detail in the lobby, with a bit of the stained glass skylight on the upper edge.




We were a large group today so it was a long line of sketches at the "throw down".  





Lots of photos here:  https://redharp.smugmug.com/SketchOutings/2017-0204-Pantages-Theater/


--Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.