Tuesday, April 18, 2017



Today, as I was hunting for something in my old sketchbooks, I realized that I had been an urban sketcher long before I knew such a term existed. These posted drawings are from 2006 to 2009. I found it interesting to see the inclusion, even back then, of descriptions of what was happening at that moment in time. Due to the fact that the act of drawing makes one observe more closely their surroundings in order to capture them on paper, I found that looking at these sketches took me immediately back - with great clarity  - to those individual snippets of my life. What a fun trip down memory lane. I have to say that one of the things I like about the urban sketching group is the visual diaries we all are creating. We all will be reminded of our individual experiences when we look back at our work and will have stories to tell about them. May we all be able to add many more visual stories to our collections and share them online for others to enjoy, too.
Happy sketching!
Pat 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.