Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sketching at the Pier

We met at the pier for our sketch outing yesterday, the first Saturday in June. I'd sketched the big red fire boat before so I was looking around for something else to catch my eye and interest. Then the cafe on the landing put out its big pirate skeleton. Score!

He became the basis for my montage of the location. Next I stood with AJ on the pier to sketch the fire boat from a distance. Lastly, I sketched a view of the rest of the pier..



In an effort to fit into a smaller bag and carry less, I finally filled my Pocket Palette. It does work well.  I wanted extra mixing area so I also clipped on this cheap, plastic mixing tray.

I

We had a good sized group:




--Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.