Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Warm & Dry @ Watson's

We sheltered from the pouring rain inside Watson's Greenhouse.  There were enough pumpkins to satisfy my seasonal need to sketch pumpkin patches and I was happy to be able to stay dry doing so.

Upon entering, I immediately noticed the Stormtrooper helmet mask. What's up? I asked one of the staff and was told each section picks a theme for the Halloween display and Perennials picked Star Wars. Sounds good to me! That's where I headed first.

This section was open air and chilly, but covered against the rain. At times the sound of heavy rain beating on the roof was quite loud.



Several sketchers sat around The Great Pumpkin to sketch.





I came back indoors to warm up and find something else to sketch.



Sharing sketches and group photo, followed by lunch together.



I think this is the only time I had "Schinken toast Hawaii" in the USA. It was one of my favorite sandwiches when I lived in Germany: Ham (Schinken), swiss cheese, and pineapple on toast. Yum.

more photos https://redharp.smugmug.com/SketchOutings/2017-1018-Watsons-Nursery/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.