Thursday, November 9, 2017

Visiting USk PT

During a previous visit, I'd walked through the Palace Hotel in Port Townsend but didn't take the time to sketch there.  When the Urban Sketchers Port Townsend announced a Wednesday outing there, I thought it would be a good time to visit.

I convinced Himself to go with so we'd have a chance to stay together at the Chevy Chase Beach Cabins.   One we arrived about 3:30 pm we got settled into our small cabin and we took a walk around the property.  Here's our charming cabin with a view.



It was sunset and I quickly did a simple sketch of the view from the hill above the beach.



On Wednesday morning, I went in to town to join the sketchers. It was good to meet the group and a fun time sketching this historic location. 

With so many choices, it was difficult to settle on a subject.  I liked the globe and lamp that Mel was sketching, so I composed an alternate view, including him.



Then I sat on the stairs to sketch the entry door used by hotel guests.



Sharing sketches:



Group photo taken by one of the others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.