Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sound and Color

Yesterday, the Urban Sketchers Tacoma met at the Asian Pacific Festival held in the Tacoma Dome.

It was just as I remembered it from the one other time I went: LOUD, crowded, colorful. I came prepared with earplugs and I certainly needed them.

We shared our sketches and took a group photo. There are at least 3 people missing from the group.





I did an initial wander of the exhibit halls. Many sketchers took the challenge of drawing the performers in motion on the stages. I picked these two sculptures/masks of Chinese deities. They had advantages: colorful, symbolic of the event... and they didn't move.  This sign explains a bit about what they are.  The woman at the booth also explained they are worn during performance. 





A few more photos: https://redharp.smugmug.com/SketchOutings/2018-0210-Asian-Pacific-Festival/

-- Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.