Thursday, May 17, 2018

TAM Again

We have had several previous outings to the Tacoma Art Museum (TAM). I always find something new to sketch. This time I didn't even go into the Museum galleries.
There was a good group today, with a couple new people.  Welcome!





Since it was nearly perfect weather I walked back north on Pacific Ave. to Union Station/Court House. I've always wanted to sketch the statue there but the conditions have never been right: too cold, too hot, too rainy. Today is perfect. Officially, this is titled "New Beginnings" by Larry Anderson. It was commissioned to celebrate the centennial of Tacoma (1884-1984). However, I like the title my friend called it: "The Constant Traveler".



There was over an hour left so time for another sketch. I went back to the Museum to go to the third floor public area. I've sketched from there before but today was nice enough to go out on the patio. This is the view over the planter to Union Station and the old buildings on Pacific Ave.




More photos here. 


---by Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.