Friday, September 21, 2018

Old Steilacoom

On Wednesday (19 September) Urban Sketchers Tacoma met in the charming town of Steilacoom on Puget Sound. We gathered at the historic Blair Drug & Hardware. Our small group came back together to share sketches and had our group photo.




The tiny barbershop interested me with it's moving red, white, and blue barber's pole. Since Inktober is coming, I have been focusing on ink line and hatching for value.




I wandered down to the ferry terminal. The boat was about to leave so I didn't sketch it.  Instead I saw a bit of the shore with a tree that seemed to be already turning to fall colors.




Then we had lunch together in Blair Bistro. I sketched a section of the antique packed shelves that surround the room. While we were there, an older man came in with a couple. He wore a large, foil, gold crown that read "100th". It seemed he was there for ice cream for his 100th birthday.





---by Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.