Wednesday, January 9, 2019

2018 TRAVEL JOURNAL SKETCH REVIEW



From Sayulita, Mexico to Haines, Alaska, Kyoto, Japan and all the wonderful in-between places I've been blessed to immerse my sketching self in are represented in the above collage. Of course our sketch outings and those I could attend with Port Townsend urban sketchers only made the year that much more enjoyable. While I participated in both Foss Waterway Museum exhibits, I'm sad to say I was not there for the openings but not sad to say I was traveling and sketching in other great places at the same time. All in all 2018 was a great year and I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2019.

Reading Kate's recent blog and seeing all of her wonderful sketches made me want to journey there as well. A line in the blog about sketching in museums and only able to use pencil reminded me of our TAM outing last May (the image below the collage). Of course the same rule applies at TAM but here is where watercolor pencils come into play. Sketch away in pencil while inside the museum, outside the museum, add water and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.