Saturday, May 18, 2019

Blue Poppy Day


Every year, the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden hosts Blue Poppy Day to celebrate the blooming of this unique poppy. We have gone a few times to be included in the "Festival of Art and Nature" which features visual and musical artists.

By the end of the outing, there were many sketchers who came to share their work at the throw down. However, at least one is missing from the photo. 




I've sketched in the garden several times. I made a bee line to the blue poppies so I could do a small sketch as an inset. Then I walked back to sketch the building that was formerly the Weyerhaeuser HQ. 



I still had a bit of time left and I went back to sketch a charming old truck converted to a coffee truck.



-- By Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.