Thursday, March 5, 2020

Cancellation of next Outing




Based on the information and thoughts below, I've decided to cancel Saturday's sketch outing at Tacoma Art Museum. I'll see what the situation is like before our next scheduled outing on Wed, March 18.  

In this article
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/amid-the-seattle-areas-novel-coronavirus-outbreak-whats-safe-whats-not-and-how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/

Health officials recommended that people who are over 60, have underlying health conditions or weakened immune systems or who are pregnant should stay home and avoid large gatherings (defined as those of more than 10).
I'd not heard "large gatherings" defined before and pictured it much larger than just "over 10".  Since our sketch outings can easily be over 10, I've decided to cancel the next one Many, if not most, of our sketchers are "over 60". 

I've consulted with other USk leaders.  I've also seen what other groups and clubs of similar size are doing.  All of the ones with which I have contact have cancelled upcoming meetings.


I will make a decision about cancelling our next outing closer to the date and based on guidance by local health officials. 

Be well!  Keep sketching.

Kate Buike 

USk Tacoma Admin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.