Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sketching from Vashon to Port Townsend


My day began on the Vashon Island ferry dock waiting for the next boat to Southworth. As I waited school buses arrived to pick up off-island children who attend school here on island. Just enough time for me to quick-sketch the buses and the arriving ferry. Micron 08 pen and watercolor pencils served my sketching needs.
Off loading at Southworth with my destination Port Townsend. Even though my day was going to be filled with meetings I knew I would make time for a sketch or two while I was there. Last meeting was over at 5:30 and I headed for the boat yard. By now the shipwrights have gone home for the day and the fishing boats they were working on became the subject of my interest. A lose sketch with my micron 08 pen and watercolors added by in my hotel room brought the day to a rewarding close in one of my favorite northwest sketching locations.










1 comment:

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.