Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Indoors at Outdoor World

After failing to check the open hours of my intended Tacoma destination, I reworked my plan.....As I drove down, I noted the sign for Bass Pro shops.  I'd thought I might eventually scope it out as a possible sketching venue. Since my intended venue was closed,  I decided today is that day.
For those who are anti-hunting, it might not be a place to sketch.  However, there are lots of other things to sketch besides the mounts!  It's a huge and impressive environment. 

All photos here.

As I entered, I just stopped in the 3 story lobby. There were chairs so I sat to sketch the opposite wall.  As I wrote in my book, within the range of vision as I moved my head side to side and up and down, there were 62 trophies mounted on the walls.

Stillman & Birn Zeta hardbound (5.25x8.5) 180#/270gsm; Platinum Carbon Black in a Platinum Cool Pen; Daniel Smith Watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.