Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sneaky little urban sketches


USk supplies at art fest- 9x12 watercolor
The format of Urban Sketching can sometimes put people off because they are more focused or interested on composition of the objects rather than the environment. Yet I say, "Why can't it be both?" With this study I  set up my USk stuff with a flower in vase to show what I am doing that day and where... yes in a parking lot. For me USk sketches are narrative postcards of a specific time and place for my still life type of vision opposed to a timeless depiction of objects... which has it's place but is not always what I hope to gather.

1 comment:

  1. Good sketch. And a very good explanation of how to add context to turn what would be a still life into an Urban Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.