Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Ed Hume Garden Sketch Outing


A beautiful sketch outing was enjoyed by all at Ed Hume's very amazing garden. Ed was the perfect host,giving us a garden and seed company tour as well as providing coffee, snacks and plenty of Ed humor and Hume Enterprise history. I'm sure we all wished we could have stayed all day. We will have to do this again!

Ed's tour and Tacoma Urban Sketcher announcements took more time then usual but everyone got some good sketching in anyway. I ended up with about 45 minutes to sketch and finally chose the garden entry. Fine sketching when the sun was behind the clouds, not so when it was direct and I could feel my shoulders and neck burning.  Still, I wouldn't change a thing about this great sketch outing.


1 comment:

  1. I had such a fabulous time and though my sketch turned out to be more of an unrealized painting than a sketch, the morning was delightful. And Mr. Hume is a remarkable, kind and generous man. Such a beautiful space he has created and his expertise and excellent seeds and advice help us all to have wonderful gardens that aspire to the beauty he has created.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.