Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sketching at Cabela's

There had just been a significant wind storm yesterday. It is still blustery and raining today. The Urban Sketchers Tacoma Wednesday outing was further afield... all the way down to Cabela's in Lacey, WA. So it was a smallish group today.

As usual, I was there early. This gave me a chance to walk around the store to decide what I might want to sketch. They already had their Christmas decorations up, which annoys me as it's still a week to Thanksgiving.

I've sketched there before, on my own. Today I looked up and saw this carved figure canoeing in the ceiling!



I've also sketched this elephant before. As I wrote on the sketch, I'm ambivalent about this



As usual, we shared our sketches and posed for a group photo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.