Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Nearly our 5th Anniversary

We celebrated the 5th Anniversary of the Urban Sketchers Tacoma's first sketch outing on June 26, 2013. Oddly, there were only four of us today, less than usual and less then at that first outing!

We met at the Annie Wright Schools in Tacoma. Thanks to Jean Y. who teaches there and was our host as she's one of us, too.

Today: 


The first outing on June 27, 2013 (I wasn't there).



I thought I'd wait for any late arrivals so I sketched this view of the school front from the shade across the lawn.  I included an inset with a seed pod, thinking of the botanical sketching demo by Janice Berkebile at Daniel Smith earlier this week.  




I had about 45 minutes left and, as I often do, went searching for a simpler scene to sketch in that time.




































--by Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.