Saturday, October 6, 2018

Nice day on campus


We were fortunate to have a beautiful, sunny day for sketching, though itwas a bit chilly at first. We met on the patio of the Wheellock Center, the student union.  From there were spread out across the campus of the University of Puget Sound and then returned for our sketch book throw down.




Thanks to KaCe for taking the photo.


My first stop was the library to see an excellent exhibit of drawings by local artist Mark Hoppmann. They were mostly in ink. I enjoyed this exhibit very, very much. The drawings were wonderful. That he displayed his sketchbooks was an added delight. The staging of the exhibit was delightful, with so many small artifacts added to the cases. I found the method for displaying sketchbooks quite clever. It allowed the viewer to see more than one page. Now I really wish I'd gone to the "sketch-in with the artist" last Wednesday!



I wandered around looking for the observatory dome and couldn't find it. So I sat on the grass to sketch this scene at the corner of the library.



Then I turned to my left and there was the observatory! But I moved for a better composition.






I'm leaving this as an ink drawing for my Day 6 Inktober.

More photos. 



-- posted by Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.