Wednesday, November 27, 2019

LBD

Little Black Dress: a Fashion Evolution.



This is an exhibition at the Washington State History Museum that runs through December 5th.  I had a free pass so decided to see this before it closed. 

"The little black dress, or 'LBD' as it is frequently called, has been a fixture in many wardrobes for over a century. One of the most iconic items of clothing in the 20th century, the LBD continues to hold a place in both fashion and memory".

I have never owned an LBD. I suppose that is because I almost never attend the sort of parties or events where it would be worn. However, that suit from 1960 is something I would wear even now. It looks classic.

Sketching this was difficult as everything was black, of course, and poorly lit. The lighting was a preservation issue, I presume.

I decided to do a montage with much of the page devoted to the Victorian era. I was rather surprised to find such pointy shoes from that time period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.