Friday, February 5, 2016

Sketching in Stealth Mode

7x11- watercolor & micron
@ top pots on Alki Beach Seattle
   Needing an outting (and some warmth) I visited Top Pot & Doughnuts for a sketch. Unknowing it was Elvis Presley's birthday, TP was celebrating with "the King" doughnut which I missed trying. I found that the place was rather crowded so I took up the space at the end of a table. There sat a patron, innocently enjoying his breakfast while he texted frantically, completely oblivious to the fact that I wasn't drinking coffee but rather watching him for well over an hour just sketching away... or was he? Perhaps I had on my cloaking device to shimmer into the background of other customers just trying to kill time?  He sure made a good model and by the time I left with my drawing, the sun had come out. -Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.