Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Trixie Hobbitses

Or very clever gardeners and landscape designers.  I learned about the small Hobbit House in June from a piece on a local TV show and I immediately put it on my list of sketch locations.  Today was my first chance to get out there as it is a 1.5 hour drive.

It is located at The Brothers Greenhouse in Port Orchard.  It was built by Cheryl Pelkey and Marilyn Davis who work there.  On the video at the TV link, above, they said, "we're both the hobbits; we fit under the roof".  I guess I am too, as I fit with inches to spare!  




After exploring the greenhouses, I went out to the hobbit house which is just behind the greenhouses.  It is wonderful.  There isn't much inside but you can go in.  Once I had my fill of photos, I sat down to sketch.








All the photos here.  See inside the house and also more items from the greenhouse shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.