Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Antiques and more


We met to sketch at Sanford and Son Antiques today. It is jam packed, overcrowded, with interesting things to sketch. Since it didn't open until 11am, we met first at Bostwick Cafe. It has some good views out the windows but we had a back table and people just enjoyed chatting and getting caught up with each other. I did drawing of a couple sketchers, though not much of a portrait of each!



Once inside Sanford and son, I came across this medieval-style helmet but was fairly certain it is an SCA helm. I thought to combine it with the antique rocking horse behind. I wanted to find another, related, item but ran out of time.





After a bit of discussion, we decided it would be easiest to just go to McMenamins Elks Temple for lunch. I added another lamp sketch to my McMenamins lamp sketch book. Though the lamp is the least of the scene, at the very top of the sketch. I did the ink drawing in under 10 minutes, while we waited for our table. I painted it just a bit later. 





--by Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.