Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August/September travel sketches revisited

One thing I have come to appreciate during this Covid Pandemic lock down are my travel journal sketch books. Since January 2001 I have filled 85 Moleskine and Pantelic watercolor journals with images of my travels at home and abroad. Thanks largely to Urban Sketcher outings, artist residencies, teaching, travel in and about the northwest and abroad coupled with a passion for just plain sketching, I've managed to fill about 4.5 journals a year for the past 19 years. This year has certainly been an exception to that average. If I have learned anything from going back through my journals and recalling the things and places I've sketched over the years, it's how rich and rewarding my life is because I took the time to make record of what really moved me in that place at that moment in time. Here are some of the images  selected from past travels in August and September.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.