Sunday, December 20, 2020

Tacoma Library Show


Sketch by Mark Ryan/Tacoma Public Library

From Correspondent Beverly Choltco-Devlin

We hope everyone got a chance to see the Urban Sketchers-Tacoma exhibit at Tacoma Public Library last winter (until March 14, 2020).  Then COVID happened. This past fall we moved the exhibit to our Handforth Virtual Gallery. We hope you caught it!

We had a successful virtual exhibit as well. In addition, in partnership with Tacoma Public Library we offered an Ink Sketching and Cross-Hatching workshop online with Tacoma Urban Sketcher, Mark Ryan, that was extremely well-received. (See his amazing sketch above from the Library's second floor done at one of our outings.)

Which brings me to this news. For a variety of reasons, largely related to the pandemic and the budgetary issues facing the Library and the City of Tacoma, I have chosen to retire from the library effective January 1, 2021. This means so will no longer be the liaison between the Library and Urban Sketchers-Tacoma. It is withgreat sadness that I end my career as a librarian and with great delight that I will be able to devote more time to my art. 

I have especially enjoyed the great partnership the Library has shared with all of us Urban Sketchers. We have had several in-person sketch outings and 3 exhibits at the library over the years. But now is the time for me to move on. The great news is I will now have more time for sketching and attending the outings when we are able to resume them. 

One final important point: If you had sketches in the exhibit from January to March and they are still at the library, please contact me via email at bcholtcodevlin (@gmail.com) to make arrangements to pick them up from the library. 

Ideally, if you could pick them up in the next week and a half that would be great, but if not we can make other arrangements after the first of the year. 

I wish you all a happy holiday season and cannot wait to sketch with you all again. 

Beverly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.