Thursday, June 17, 2021

First Outing

 

 Urban Sketchers Tacoma met together in person for the first time since March 2020. We were at Chinese Reconciliation Park. It was so wonderful to see so many old friends and to meet some new ones!

I've been there at least 3 times so I've sketched the major views at the park so I went to the adjacent park to sketch this object. There is nothing near to to tell us anything about it but I found out later it is a sundial, which is what I suspected. The landscape architect on the project, Tom Pulford, decided the area needed a "point of interest". After some thought, he designed and installed the oversize "sundial" sculpture.

 

I liked the big paddle board leaning against this bus. This is Big Bus Paddle Sports, owned by Douglas. 

We had a good sized group!


 

--Kate Buike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.