Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Stadium High School

This is the first time I've been to Stadium High School. I've driven by so many times but didn't see any place to park. This is also the first time Urban Sketchers Tacoma has been there as a group.

Given it was my first time, I wanted to capture the classic straight on front elevation of this magnificent neo-Gothic building!

Construction started in 1891 but was halted. After life as a couple different venues, it was renovated and opened as Tacoma High School in 1906. As I was sketching, an older man approached. He said his great-grandfather was one of the architects of that early 1900's renovation. More about the building.

We were a small but mighty group. Rami joined us for the first time after having taken Gail's and Virginia's workshop two weeks ago. And Paul left before the final selfie. All four of us pictured sketched the same view. So that's me, Loretta, and Liz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.