Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Dragon!

There is a massive dragon installed at Southcenter Mall in Tukwila for Lunar New Year.  I discovered it when I returned to the Apple store to pick up the replacement for the dead Pencil.  I was very impressed.  It is over 2 stories tall.

I organized a small, ad hoc, sketch outing today, mostly to see how mall staff reacted.  In past years us Urban Sketchers have been asked to leave a different mall.  So much different today.  I spoke with a member of staff who seemed delighted we were there and said it would be fine if a larger group came.  So I'm planning it!  Look for an update soon.  I want to run the date by her before I announce. 

The Moon gate frames the walkway to the dragon.


I chose that scene as my first sketch today.  I think if I do it again, I'll use a larger paper.  This was just under A5 size. 

Then I got closer to sketch another view of the magnificent dragon.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.