Saturday, October 3, 2026

Chilly morning sketching

 We met at Titlow Park today, exactly one year since our first outing there. The weather was chilly, breezy, cloudy. It didn't clear until after we left, of course.

Last year I'd sketched the view of the narrows bridge so this year I wanted to paint the lodge. I found a view with two large trees. The Titlow Lodge was built by Aaron Titlow started in 1911 as the Hotel Hesperides. The architect was Frederick Heath. When Titlow died in 1923 it was purchased by Metro Parks Tacoma.

2026 1003 Titlow Lodge

I wandered some of the park and finally settled on a view of the foot bridge.

20206 1003 Titlow Park

It was quite chilly on the edge of the bay with the view of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

The throw down at a picnic table near the lodge.

Mike came late so he took our group photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.