Saturday, December 4, 2021

November Throwdown

November's virtual sketch outing was about Thanksgiving and for what we are thankful.   Here is our virtual throw down.  

Lori Johnson wrote: I’m thankful and hopeful for the ending of this pandemic.

Frances Buckmaster: Among many other things, I am thankful for the following (and, that I had time to sketch them).

Our home garden survived into November, still producing with vigor. (Uniball pen, India Ink washes with brush)



It was cold, very rainy, and happily this little shop was open. We rested from our long drive, I had time to sketch awhile, and then, our U.S. and Canadian family members converged to share a lovely dinner-outing for the first time in two years! (Micron pens)




 

 

Loretta Morgan Fernandez: The red barns at Fort Steilacoom Park. There are many places to car sketch. I love this park for the old barns and silos, the lake to walk around and the seasonal color. I'm grateful we live close enough to go often.



The old train station in Steilacoom. It is easy to access this building down by the water. I sketched this building several years ago (2018) when our sketchers met in Steilacoom. I had no idea then that Sean and I would make this town our home. So grateful to live in a small town with a rich history.



Susan Payne
I'm grateful for the interesting architecture in Tacoma” (on location sketch recently on the bridge over 705).

 I'm also grateful that my urban sketching learned on architecture school transferred to my hobby of horses and now I do action sketches at horse shows and often sell them to the horse owners.


Kate Buike:  I'm thankful for the physical and emotional security having an adequate income brings.  I have a safe, warm home, enough food, and reliable health care.   

This was inspired by seeing this unusual RV towing a classic car. 

So many places around our area we see the unhoused or those whose situation is less than adequate.  While it's a growing trend to live the "nomad RV life" some are doing so not out of choice but because that's all they can afford.  All over Georgetown are groups of broken down RV's. 



December's theme:  

The winter holiday season.  Please share the light and joy of this season in your sketches.  You could sketch the decor in your home, your town, or at another place. Arrange a small sketch outing with friends or go alone.  Remember to avoid our area shops and nurseries if you're a group of more than 2 or 3.

Sketches due to me (send to mkbuike at comcast dot net) by January 1.  



-- prepared by Kate Buike





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the number of spam comments, moderation has been turned on. If this is a legitimate comment, it will be allowed within 24 hours.